Saturday, August 8, 2009

Small World

If you've spoken with me at all or even just read my profile then you know I'm giving my hand at golf. Not much of a player yet, but I have all the confidence in the world I could dominate anyone over 70. Well, not too long ago I showed up at the PGA Superstore to get fitted for a set of irons. After I had chosen the right set I decided to walk around the store and look the part of a golfer. Not long after did I run into Thomas Dimitrov, the General Manager of the Atlanta Falcons. I was stunned. I started reeling off any question I could think of regarding football. Most of them beginning with, "So, Tony Gonzalez....," and ending with an awkward pause. After a while it lightened up and we began talking golf and soon parted ways. I had to get on the horn and tell everyone I thought might care, and in the process I realized I didn't think about an autograph. I walked around looking for him, but couldn't find him. I thought I lost my opportunity to get a cool autograph, and then he appeared. He was walking out the door with all his goods (probably at a very nice discount). I grabbed the nearest white visor off the rack, bolted for the door out to the parking lot and yelled out to the cashier, "I'm not stealing this! I'll be right back I promise!" I was feeling great. I was about to get a great autograph. As Mr. Dimitrov was signing the visor he said, "Wow!" I was thinking he was gonna say what a great fan I was, but instead he replied, "What a great sharpie. I mean seriously this writes great." All I could do was say, "Well, I try to get the best," and then he left. What a small world it seemed to be that day. To be shopping at the same store as Thomas Dimitrov.


Keep following me. You never know what stories the wide world of sports might give us.

No comments:

Post a Comment