Thursday, August 6, 2009

Water cooler fantasies!

The NFL is upon us, and if you are anything like me then you can't wait for the opportunity to dominate the Fantasy Draft arena that is your friend's livingroom, basement or neighborhood watering hole. Every year thousands develop draft strategies, green light players and red flag others only to finish last among their peers. I advise all who dare get caught up in Fantasy Football to run while you still can! I mean look at me. I capitalize Fantasy Football when I type. While it wont kill you slowly with toxic chemicals like cigarettes it is addictive. You'll go from the apathetic worker to James Bond just trying to sneak a peek at your fantasy ranking at work. However, I will say that fantasy sports do have a flip side. Since I started being involved 3 years ago, with several friends I went to college with, I have nothing but great things to say. It gives me somewhat of a vested interest in different teams, and I find myself paying much closer attention to games. I would much rather be interested in sports than computers or car stereos (if that's what you're into, then no problem). Overall, I have found that it gives all of us guys a chance to get together on Sunday's huddled around the t.v., throwing the football at half time, eating great food and socializing. So there you have it. I am a nerd of the sporting world.

Keep up with me. Who knows what will happen in the next few days. The wide world of sports is crawling with stories to weigh in on.

No comments:

Post a Comment